Friday, January 30, 2015

First Impression: bareMinerals Complexion Rescue


It started last week: The media buzz surrounding its launch. I saw magazine ads, tv commercials, and received countless emails to keep the excitement alive.  It was the release of bareMinerals Complexion Rescue foundation! This launch came at the perfect time.  I had just hit the end of my Nars Tinted Moisturizer, and although that product worked 
well for me, I’m always on the lookout for something better.
Yesterday, I finally got to my local Sephora to check it out for myself and I’m excited to report that this product lives up to the hype. 

bareMinerals Complextion Rescue
This formula claims to combine the best of BB creams, CC creams and tinted moisturizers all into one amazing product. This sounded right up my alley. I am a long-time lover of tinted moisturizers, and have recently ventured out into the world of BB and CC creams. The market has an overwhelming amount of products to pick from though, and I know first hand how confusing it is to try and navigate through countless options. It was refreshing to see bareMinerals, a company whose makeup I’ve grown up with, throw their hat into the BB/CC/TintedMoisturizer ring.   

I have to say, I did have some doubts. After their first attempt at a liquid foundation (bareSkin), was a huge disappointment for me, I didn’t want to get my hopes up too high. But their final claim to increase skin hydration 215% was intriguing enough for me to give bareMinerals a 2nd chance…

Complexion Rescue #03 Buttercream
The foundation comes in 10 shades, alternating between cool, neutral, and warm tones. I quickly matched myself to shade #03 Buttercream. The texture was different from what I expected. It has more of whipped feel than a cream/lotion. It reminded me of MUFE's Face & Body foundation for anyone familiar with that. I applied it with my fingers, and found that it easily spread onto my skin. It provided enough coverage to even out my complexion, but you'd definitely need to use a concealer to cover any blemishes, under-eye circles or darkspots. The finish is a beautiful 'your skin but better'. It leaves you with a healthy glow from within (and is able to do so without any sparkles or glitter---thankfully!).  I liked that this product sinks into the skin rather than lay on top of it. To me, it felt like it had 'set' without me having to layer powder on top.  Throughout the day, it stayed in place pretty well & I didn't have any problems with it transferring. 
Overall, I think this product is awesome for anyone looking for a hassle-free, light coverage, easy to apply foundation. It's loaded with spf, antioxidants, and hydration (and is free from any of the nasty ingredients that we try to avoid!) I'm excited to see in the coming weeks if my skin benefits from ongoing use of Complexion Rescue.  
Check out my video review below:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment